Networking Software Team Leader
About The Position
You will join the software development team that works on our disaggregated Cell Site Router software stack, which is part of Ethernity's 5G offering in combination with our FPGA SmartNIC and programmable appliances.
- Leading a team of SW Embedded engineers
- End-to-end design of the SW stack from application level to Hardware Abstraction Layer
- Work closely with ASIC architects to define the SW-HW interface to fit the solution.
- Interact with the low-layer software team to develop data path features
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Embedded development
- 2+ years of experience in a leading/managerial role.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux operating system internals
- Excellent programming skills! Proficiency in C/C++ language, libraries, and toolchains
- Strong technical background in the networking of L2-L3 (e.g., Ethernet, IP, how switching/routing works)
- Knowledge and experience in porting routing software stacks such as ISS, IPInfusion or MetaSwtich, or similar open-source SW to run on top of Packet Processing ASICs
- Hands-on Linux development, user-space and/or kernel-space
- Familiarity with modern software engineering principles (agile, virtualization microservices, containers, CI/CD)
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Jenkins pipelines