Ethernity Networks is an exciting and growing technology company producing innovative, agile, and state-of-the-art technology. We are one of the world leaders in providing, comprehensive networking and security solutions on FPGA for accelerating telco/cloud networks. Ethernity offers Carrier Ethernet Switch/Router and control software, as well as our unique Router-on-FPGA-SmartNIC capability, for the rapidly expanding 5G telecom market. We provide a rich set of networking features, robust security, and a wide range of virtual function accelerations, all based on our patented ENET Flow Processor FPGA logic.
We are offering you a unique opportunity as a senior FPGA designer to oversee and manage new FPGA product development from end-to-end. This role is focused on the development of a complete networking and security FPGA SoC that is based on the Company’s existing network processing pipeline technology and additional blocks that you will design, with an emphasis on high-speed network communications, cybersecurity, and cryptography. The position includes planning and management, FPGA design, verification, and integration with the low-layer SW driver team and the high-layer SW application team. This position provides valuable experience in all aspects of the product lifecycle, enabling you to grow your skill set and become a more dynamic, well-rounded member of the FPGA engineering community.
- From design to development to verification to production, you oversee and participate in the end-to-end process.
- Design, implement, and integrate various technologies into cross-platform FPGA-based products.
- Ensure that your product meets all internal and customer requirements and provides optimized performance.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues in solving complex problems and overcoming design challenges to produce the ultimate networking product.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in FPGA/ASIC SoC design
- Deep understanding of network protocols
- Capable of designing high-performance FPGAs through the use of high-speed serial transceivers, high-throughput data processing and manipulation, etc.
- Verification of complex FPGA designs using appropriate techniques (self-checking testbenches, familiarity with EFM/UVM)
- Physical design (timing closure, floor-planning, etc.) for FPGAs
Tools & Build Systems
- FPGA vendor toolchains (Xilinx Vivado/Intel Quartus)
- Modelsim/Questa simulator
- Xilinx/Intel FPGA and SoC devices within bespoke embedded platforms
Integration, Test & Debug
- Hands-on integration of FPGA sub-systems within complex wider systems-of-interest
- Sub-system and system-level testing and debug
- Familiarity with appropriate tools and techniques (lab test equipment, Chipscope/SignalTap, etc.)
Networks and Protocols
- Network communications protocols (Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, ARP, etc.)
- Network analysis and debugging tools (traffic generation and manipulation)
- Requirements management
- Design capture (UML, etc.)
- Source control (including workflows – Git and GitLab)
To apply for this job, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete an online application below.